Webinar: Sustainable business playbook
It comes with both grit and determination to transform your business into a purpose-driven and sustainable one. If creating a sustainable business is your mission, then you’ve come to the right place.
In this webinar, the Green Business Bureau partners with the International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP) to deliver a sustainability playbook that any organization can use to become more environmentally and socially responsible.
In this playbook, 10 steps are given to help businesses strategize and plan a sustainable transformation. The Green Business Bureau defines these 10 steps, to gear your company’s purpose, culture, and focus towards sustainability, as follows:
- Step #1: Define your vision, mission, and values,
- Step #2: Create a sustainability committee or green team,
- Step #3: Benchmark and assess your current sustainability performance,
- Step #4: Engage your employees. Sustainability training, such as that provided by the Green Office Academy, is essential to support staff and increase effectiveness.
- Step #5: Plan, set goals, and prioritize,
- Step #6: Implement the plan, establish and communicate new policies and practices,
- Step #7: Track progress,
- Step #8: Analyze your results and compare them to goals and benchmarks,
- Step #9: Celebrate and communicate your accomplishments,
- Step #10: Get certified.
Within these steps, you’ll learn how to identify the knowledge and tools needed to influence your management team and engage employees and other key stakeholders, integrate sustainability into your company’s culture and operations, and drive system-level change.
Within these 10-steps, the following UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are addressed:
- Decent work and economic growth,
- Industry, innovation, and infrastructure,
- Responsible consumption and production.
After watching this webinar, you’ll learn how to:
- Develop an effective process, one that allows employees to drive that process,
- Explore techniques that can be used to keep the sustainability journey on track,
- Understand the advantages of using a sustainability scorecard to track progress.
Meet your presenters
Julia Craighill, LEED AP, BD+C, BREEAM In-Use Licensed Assessor, and founder of Ensight Consulting. Provides strategic consulting that helps businesses green the everyday operations of their workplace and buildings. Julia has helped dozen of companies reduce their environmental impact and demonstrate corporate responsibility. Julia set up the Green Office Academy to extend her offerings with affordable online courses. Julia is CSO at the Green Business Bureau.
Bill Zujewski, is the Chief Marketing and Operating Officer for the Green Business Bureau, and is responsible for running operations, building the company’s brand, and promoting the value of being a certified green business. Bill is passionate about helping small organizations become greener and making the world a better place. Bill also runs the GBB member users group and advisory council, while guiding companies on: Establishing a sustainability mission; creating a green culture; driving employee engagement; defining policies and programs, and documenting new green business initiatives.