GBB Launches Green Certification Program for Westchester County, NY
Green Business Bureau (GBB) has opened up an office in New York (NY) to provide the state with local support for GBB’s sustainability management solutions and green business certification program. GBB’s online platform helps businesses of all sizes become more sustainable and guides them in achieving certified levels of improved business sustainability.
“The green business movement is clearly accelerating in New York. The Green Business Bureau is excited to be part of that. We are committed to helping companies in NY develop sustainable business practices and gain the recognition and benefits they’ve earned for their efforts. We’re excited to have Maria Genovesi join GBB to spearhead that effort in NY“. – Tom Permatteo, CEO of the Green Business Bureau
“Green Business Certification” Initiative and Program
The initial focus will begin in Westchester County and the Hudson Valley which have demonstrated a strong commitment to the adoption of sustainability and climate action initiatives. GBB will add further action to the region by deepening community commitment, and engaging business owners, influencers, and key decision-makers to make the region one of the most environmentally and socially responsible in the country.
“I am thrilled to be a part of the launch of a local Green Business Bureau presence in New York. The development of green businesses is critical to the overall transition to a sustainable future across all the State. The GBB green business certification program and sustainability software platform are exactly what is needed to help businesses become more sustainable and get the recognition they’ve earned“. – Maria Genovesi, NY Business Development, Green Business Bureau
Benefits of Joining Green Business Bureau
Environmental Action, iImproved efficiency and cost cutting, employee satisfaction and new customers
Sustainability certification for business is more than just a stamp of approval. It’s a commitment to making business change that will have a positive impact, for the environment and for business. The benefits of action are measurable and significant:
- Environmental action:
- Your business can fight climate change and pollution for you and your family today.
- Invest for the future and become more socially and environmentally responsible for your children and their children.
- Realize cost efficiencies and savings:
- Taking actions to reduce your carbon footprint also leads to business cost cuts. The GBB Sustainability Program shows you how to reduce your energy bills, reduce waste, conserve water and save money in many small ways that add up to big savings.
- Increase employee satisfaction:
- Studies have shown that younger generations want to work for sustainable companies.
- Employees take pride in helping their employer be more green and create a great working environment and a positive culture.
- Attract customers and grow revenue:
- More and more consumers want to buy from businesses that are taking steps in lowering their carbon footprint.
- Elevate your green brand and reputation by promoting your business’s GBB-certified sustainability efforts.
How the Green Business Certification Program will work
Leveraging the Green Business Bureau sustainability program is all online and easy. Here’s how it works:
- Businesses sign up for membership at GreenBusinessBureau.com for immediate access to GBB’s library of green initiatives and online EcoPlanner tool designed specifically for their type of business.
- Next they complete the GBB EcoAssessment to earn EcoPoints for the green initiatives already completed and to create a baseline EcoScore. Any initiatives completed as part of the original Green BUsiness Partnership program will be credited.
- Once a business completes the GBB prerequisites, it can earn different levels of the Green Business Bureau status seals (with GBB verification) and share their official EcoProfile publicly.
- Businesses are encouraged to regularly use the EcoPlanner to implement new green initiatives and advance as a green business.
- Businesses can earn the Gold and Platinum level GBB seals by completing more initiatives and earning the required number of EcoPoints for each level.
GBB Green Business EcoAssessment and EcoProfile
With the online Green Business Bureau EcoAssessment™ and library of initiatives and plans located in the EcoPlanner™, businesses can better understand, prioritize, implement and certify their green initiatives. Members get credit for the sustainability actions they’ve already taken for their industries including recycling, efficient lighting, solar, green energy provides, plastic elimination, waste management, carbon offsetting, virtual remote offices and electric vehicles. Individual initiatives are rated on environmental impact, implementation cost and effort, and are worth 1 to 40 EcoPoints™. Businesses reaching Gold and Platinum levels are then verified by the Green Business Bureau.
If you have any questions or are interested in the NY Green Business Certification Program, please eMail Maria Genovesi at email@example.com.