1. Click Add New or Edit Commitment
To add a new Sustainable Commitment to your GBB EcoProfile, simply log into the GBB system and click on the ‘Our Green Story’ submenu link just below your company’s basic information in the page header. Once in the Our Green Story section of the Member Area, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Add New’ button to add a new Commitment.
Clicking the ‘Add New’ button will open a content box for you to your Commitment content and icon.
2. Select Commitment Icon & Icon Color
The GBB system includes a library of icons to help visually identify each of your Commitments in your Green Story page. To choose the right icon for your Commitment:
- Click on the ‘Add/Change Icon’ link in the Commitment content box and select the icon that best represents your Commitment. You can either scroll through the library of available commitments or use the icon search bar to narrow down the list for selection.
- Select the icon you like by clicking on it – a grey box will highlight your selection.
- Next choose the color you want your icon to display in from the color choices at the bottom of the content box.
- Finally, click on the ‘Confirm’ button to finalize the selection.
3. Add your Commitment Headline and Description
Each Sustainable Commitment in your EcoProfile contains two pieces of text – a Commitment Header and a Commitment Description. The header is a very brief headline statement of the Commitment while the description provides additional information about how and why your business has chosen the commitment as a key part of your green story.
Adding content to both sections is super-simple. With the Green Commitment content box still open from choosing the icon, simply type or paste the header and description content into their respective sections of the editor box.
4. Publish the Commitment or Save as a Draft
Complete the process by either Publishing your Commitment or saving it as a draft. If you select to Publish the Commitment, it will immediately become a part of your company’s Public Profile, while choosing to save as a draft will keep it private for future editing, approval and publishing.
You can publish or unpublish a Commitment at any time by clicking ‘edit’ on the Commitment and selecting ‘Publish’ or ‘Save as Draft’ to change status.
5. Reorder Your Commitments
The GBB system allows you to set the order for your commitments however you prefer. When a commitment is first published, it is automatically placed at the bottom of the Commitment list. To change the order of a Commitment, simply click on the ‘Edit’ button for that Commitment and change its ‘Position’ order – where 1 is the first position. For example, if you currently have 5 Commitments published and you want to move the last (5th) Commitment to the 2nd position, change its position number to 2. Commitments previously positioned ad 2-4 will each move down one place.