Green Business Bureau (GBB) has partnered with the South Carolina Small Business Chamber of Commerce (SCSBCC) to bring the GBB sustainability program, framework and certification to the South Carolina small business community. GBB and SCSBCC are working together to make the business world greener and protect our planet and workers by enabling businesses to manage a sustainability program and verifiably demonstrate their sustainability to their employees, customers and partners.
Owner Benefits: Environmental Action, Improved Efficiency and Cost Cutting, Employee Satisfaction and New Customers
Sustainability certification for business is more than just a stamp of approval. It’s a commitment to making business changes that really make an impact, both environmental and business. Joining Green Business Business and becoming more sustainable will improve energy efficiency to cut business costs, increase employee satisfaction and attract customers.
Take Environmental Action
- Your business can fight climate change and pollution for you and your family today.
- Invest for the future and become more socially and environmentally responsible for your children and their children.
Cut Business Costs
- Taking actions to reduce your carbon footprint also often leads to cutting business costs. The GBB Sustainability Program shows you how to reduce your energy bills, reduce waste, conserve water and save money in many small ways that add up to big savings.
Increase Employee Satisfaction
- Studies have shown that younger generations want to work for ethical and sustainable companies.
- Employees take pride in helping their employer be more green and this can help you to create a great working environment and positive culture.
- More and more consumers want to buy from businesses that are taking steps in lowering their carbon footprint.
- Elevate your green brand and reputation by promoting your business’s GBB-certified sustainability efforts.
How the SCSBCC Green Business Certification Program Works in South Carolina
Leveraging the Green Business Bureau sustainability program is all online and easy. Here’s how it works:
- Small businesses sign up for membership at GreenBusinessBureau.com for immediate access to GBB’s library of green initiatives and online EcoPlanner tool designed specifically for their type of business.
- Next they complete the GBB EcoAssessment to earn EcoPoints for the green initiatives already completed and to create a baseline EcoScore.
- Once a business completes the GBB prerequisites, it can earn different levels of the Green Business Bureau status seals (with GBB verification) and share their official EcoProfile publicly.
- Small businesses are encouraged to regularly use the EcoPlanner to implement new green initiatives and advance as a green business.
- Businesses can earn the Gold and Platinum level GBB seals by completing more initiatives and earning the required number of EcoPoints for each level.
GBB Green Business EcoAssessment and EcoProfile
With the online Green Business Bureau EcoAssessment™ and a library of initiatives and plans located in the EcoPlanner™, businesses can better understand, prioritize, implement and certify their green initiatives. Members get credit for the sustainability actions they’ve already taken for their industries including recycling, efficient lighting, solar, green energy provides, plastic elimination, waste management, carbon offsetting, virtual remote offices and electric vehicles. Individual initiatives are rated on environmental impact, implementation cost and effort, and are worth 1 to 40 EcoPoints™. Businesses reaching the Gold and Llatinum levels are then verified by the Green Business Bureau.
Special Joint Offer
South Carolina small businesses can get up to 10% off on the Green Business Bureau membership by using the code: SouthCarolina10