New program will enable Canada Sporting Goods Association members to verifiably demonstrate their sustainability
Green Business Bureau (GBB) has partnered with the Canada Sporting Goods Association (CSGA) to bring the GBB sustainability program, framework and certification to Canada’s sporting goods industry. GBB and CSGA are working together to make businesses more sustainable and to protect our planet and workers by enabling businesses to manage a sustainability program, and verifiably demonstrate their sustainability to their employees, customers and partners.
The CSGA Green Business Program will enable companies to verifiably demonstrate their sustainability and stand out among their peers.
“Green should not just be a buzzword. Businesses and individuals need to do their part to neutralize mankind’s negative impact on our planet’s health. The time for action is now. By joining GBB, we hope our members can become more green and more effective at communicating their values, their green commitments, and accomplishments” – Jon Irwin, CEO of Canada Sporting Goods Association
The sporting world needs to become more sustainable. Everyone in the sports ecosystem – the equipment makers, the sports teams, the athletes, and the retailers – has to think about their impact on the environment and climate change.
“GBB and CSGA are driving a change in mindset on how we think about everyday things like sports to protect the world we play in. We’re looking to shake things up and get the sporting world thinking a little greener. Working together, GBB and CSGA are committed to making the future of sports more sustainable.” – Bill Zujewski, CMO of Green Business Bureau
WHAT is the CSGA GBB Green Business EcoAssessment and EcoProfile?
GBB will provide CSGA members with an online application for the GBB EcoAssessment™ and a library of initiatives and plans in the EcoPlanner™ tool to understand, prioritize, implement and certify their green initiatives. The EcoPlanner™, featuring a list of industry-specific and continually-expanding initiatives, will enable members to get credit for the sustainability actions they have already taken in their industries, including recycling, efficient lighting, solar, and green energy, plastic elimination, waste management, and carbon offsetting. Businesses reaching the gold and platinum levels will then be verified by the Green Business Bureau.
“We’re excited to provide our sustainability management and certification solution to the Canada sporting goods community and CSGA members. The Green Business Bureau seal is well known and trusted, enabling green businesses to demonstrate their commitment to sustainability. Businesses committed to green business will get the credit they’ve earned and deserve“. – Tom Permatteo, CEO/Founder of Green Business Bureau
WHY should CSGA customers participate in the CSGA Green Business Program?
Sustainability certification for business is more than just a stamp of approval. It is a commitment to making business changes that make an impact. These green programs and social initiatives are not just one-off tactics. They can build upon each other and help to ensure eco-friendly and socially responsible programs are ingrained into each part of a business. Businesses join GBB and become more sustainable too:
- Contribute to fighting climate change and protecting the environment.
- Create a more socially responsible corporate culture.
- Become more efficient, reduce energy costs, and minimize waste.
- Demonstrate their commitment to customers and partners.
- Demonstrate their commitment to employees and job applicants who want to work for sustainable companies.
- Elevate their brand and reputation and promote their sustainable business to customers who want to buy from sustainable companies!
HOW will the CSGA Green Business Program work once launched?
Leveraging the CSGA GBB Sustainability Program will be all online and easy. Here is how it will work:
- Companies will sign up for membership at GreenBusinessBureau.com for immediate access to GBB’s library of green initiatives and an online EcoPlanner tool that includes industry-specific initiatives for your industry.
- All CSGA members get a 20% discount on GBB membership and certification. Please contact CSGA to receive your unique discount coupon code.
- Next, they will complete the GBB EcoAssessment to earn EcoPoints for the green initiatives already completed and to create a baseline EcoScore.
- Once a business completes the GBB prerequisites, it will be able to earn different levels of the Green Business Bureau status seals (with GBB verification) and share their official EcoProfile publicly.
- Companies will be encouraged to use the EcoPlanner regularly to find and implement new green initiatives and become even greener businesses.
- Businesses will be able to earn the Gold- and Platinum-level GBB seals by completing more initiatives and earning the required number of EcoPoints for each level.