The Sustainable Business Journey: An Executive Guide
If you’re a company investing in green initiatives and working toward becoming a more sustainable company, you need a strategy, plan, roadmap and sustainability program. I recently presented a 10 Step Sustainability Program Guide at the IMPA Maritime Suppliers conference. The recording is below.
A sustainable business journey starts with establishing a clear company purpose, vision and mission, creating the right culture and engaging employees. My presentation summarizes a playbook for becoming an environmentally and socially responsible business. It focuses on letting employees drive the cause and using a sustainability scorecard to track progress. We include all the steps and explain how a targeted green business certification program to start can provide the sustainability framework you need to help establish the direction and priorities and shift your company to becoming more sustainable.
How To Create, Launch and Manage A Sustainability Program
There are ten steps we’ve defined at Green Business Bureau to gear your company’s purpose, culture and focus towards sustainability. The steps are summarized as follows:
- Step 1: Define your vision, mission and values
- Step 2: Create a sustainability committee or green team
- Step 3: Benchmark and assess your current sustainability performance
- Step 4: Engage your employees
- Step 5: Plan, set goals and prioritize based on over 400 GBB initiatives
- Step 6: Implement the plan, establish and communicate new policies and practices
- Step 7: Leverage the GBB Scorecard to track progress and measure results
- Step 8: Analyze your results and compare to goals and benchmarks
- Step 9: Celebrate and communicate your accomplishments
- Step 10:Certify your green business
This recorded video presentation covers all 10 steps in 20 minutes. Click on the link below to watch.
Note: My presentation starts at the 1:30 minute mark.