Green marketing doesn’t only help small businesses reduce their impact on the environment, but also it helps businesses stand out without spending a lot of money.
Here are 6 tips from the Green Business Bureau to help your business improve its reputation by using greener marketing strategies:
1) Send emails: Sending marketing messages via email is a cost-effective and doesn’t cost any trees in the process. There are a number of email clients like MailChimp and Aweber that offer affordable, user-friendly packages for small businesses.
2) Include green signatures in your emails: Add eco-friendly reminders such as “Think of the trees before printing this email” or “Please consider the environment before printing this email” to your marketing messages.
3) Use PDF’s: Provide white papers, educational documents and tip sheets in PDF format for viewing and downloading.
4) Print all marketing material on recycled material: If you have to send printed marketing material, make sure it is printed on recycled material. Also, indicate clearly if the marketing material is recyclable.
5) Purchase marketing material locally: This will reduce the shipping costs to your business and to the environment.
6) List your business in green directories: This helps gain attention from the growing green customer segment and it improves Search Engine Optimization. Add your business to GBB’s green directory for FREE.
Click here to learn more benefits of greener marketing.