Why conserve water? Did you know that people can use less than 1% of water in the world? Water is a precious natural resource, and because at least two-thirds of the United States have recently experienced water shortages, it’s important to do our best to conserve water (and save money along the way).
Following are Simple Tips from Green Business Bureau to help your business with water conservation practices:
1) Make a Plan. Share your commitment to water conservation with employees. Assign an employee as water conservation manager to monitor and implement your water conservation plan.
2) Purchase Wisely. Consider water usage when purchasing icemakers and dishwashers for your office.
3) Water Efficiency in Toilets: Upgrade toilets with water-efficient models. Make sure all faucets have water saving aerators.
4) Check Toilets for Leaks. Put food coloring into the tank. If color appears in the bowl without flushing, there’s a leak. Fix the leak and save 400 gallons a month!
5) Eliminate Daytime Landscape Watering. Water at night when the temperature is lower.
Subscribe at www.gbb.org to get more tips.