Winnipeg, Manitoba–By committing to going green, Expeditors Plus is paving the way for future growth that will make this service provider more competitive. Their commitments will reduce their environmental footprint, which in turn will support their clients’ environmental objectives. Since their services often support businesses operating in remote wilderness environments, Expeditors Plus feels a particular obligation to be responsible with their choices and actions. Reinforcing their values of saving natural resources, Expeditors Plus has joined the Green Business Bureau, which is a national membership organization that uses an online assessment to certify green businesses. Expeditors Plus embodies the goal to be the most environmentally responsible and ethically engaged SME in their industry.
Among Expeditorsplus’ key environmental initiatives:
- Use of 80% wheat straw FSC-certified copy paper
- Encourage employees to use public transportation by covering their costs
- Eliminate the use disposable of paper ware in the office and implementation of recycled/recyclable, compostable, and biodegradable paper ware in remote operations
- Paperless pay stubs and faxes
- Recycle paper, plastic, cardboard, metal, glass, toner cartridges, and electronics
- Purchase fair trade, sustainably sourced, and/or locally grown and processed food products
- Use of ‘green’ cleaning products
- Provide regular maintenance to their fleet vehicles to maximize efficiency and minimize pollutants
For more information on Expeditorsplus Inc., please visit http://www.expeditorsplus.com
For more information on the GBB program, please visit http://www.gbb.org
# # #
About Expeditorsplus Inc.: Expeditorsplus Inc. provides exceptional quality and cost effective camp management, catering, and housekeeping services for projects in mining & exploration, oil & gas, construction, and infrastructure development. Anywhere a remote work camp is required, Expeditorsplus can provide a full range of support services.
Expeditorsplus also supplies fishing lodges and outfitters in Canada’s north with essential purchasing, shipping, and freight forwarding services, as well as meet & greet and shuttling of their guests.
488-B Kensington St.
Winnipeg MB Canada R3J 1J7