Inappropriate humidity levels at home can be bothersome. It is usually a problem during hot and cold months, but there are even more factors that play a role. These may include insulation, plants, lack of ventilation, and more. Maintaining inappropriate humidity levels can lead to a number of problems for the room environment, including furniture, electronics, walls, but can also be detrimental to human health. To avoid this, experts agree that humidity should be best kept between 35-50%, with 45% being the ideal average. Should you face a problem of bad humidity level, definitely look for a solution.
High humidity comes with hot weather. If you have professional domestic cleaning done, but forget to vent your home after that, humidity might increase. The amount of water vapor in the air will be higher, and with it can come allergic reactions. Negative side effects include, but are not limited to: frizzy hair, skin irritations, breathing may be harder and there is a sticky feeling on your skin. When the humidity is high, there might be condensation on windows, causing water to drip down and damage wooden frames. Higher levels of humidity will also contribute great deal to moulds and bacteria, which can cause serious health issues. In order to spare the need for a mould removal cleaning team, you need to solve the issue with one of these solutions:
- Ventilate the room – letting the air circulate in your home is one of the easiest ways to deal with high humidity. Otherwise, air will feel stagnant and the negative effects will worsen.
- Perform a regular cleaning – use professional house cleaner to help you
- Use fans – bathrooms and kitchens often have conditions that increase the humidity. Using exhaust fans can eliminate this problem.
- Change your habits – things like drying clothes indoors, taking extra long hot baths and using the dishwasher less frequently can help reduce humidity levels.
- Have plenty of plants – plants extract their nutrients and water from the air. Several plants in a room can make a big difference.
- Dehumidifier – this is a device that works by filtering the air in the room and removing the water molecules from it. The water is then stored into a tank that should be removed when full.
Low humidity can be just as bad as high. It presents some health problems, such as dry skin, respiratory irritations and dry eyes. It increases the risk of infections, colds and virus health-related problems. Low humidity is often a problem during winter, when a room is heated too much. How to deal with low humidity:
- Put bowls of water – this will naturally increase the humidity levels in rooms that have very dry air.
- Boil water on stoves – this can increase humidity even faster and is more effective.
- Humidifier – devices that emit water vapor inside a room, or entire house, if the device is large-scale. There are many types that you can choose from. But keep in mind some of them may actually lead to some dust problems, so consider some cleaning solutions.
Keep in mind to monitor the humidity levels of your room at all times. This is especially needed in the case where you suffer from respiratory diseases and want to have a healthy environment. Take steps in fixing the problem as it arises. Call cleaning company to help you deal with the problem.